Q&A with Dr. Farnoosh

Click Here For Our Video FAQ's

Q: I don’t like the color of my gums, they are too dark, I asked my dentist about it, and they said that nothing can be done! Is that true?
A: No. the color of your gums can be changed to a lighter, (nice pink) color by “Bleaching your Gums” says Dr. Farnoosh, the inventor of “gum bleaching”. You can read more about it on www.thetotalsmile.com.
Q: When I smile I feel that too much gums are showing. Is this something that can be fixed? Is there such a thing as showing less gums?
A: Yes, you can right size the display of your gums by a number of different techniques. One example is by “lip lowering”, (an innovative technique developed by Dr. Farnoosh) Read more on thetotalsmile.com.
Q: I have a crown/cap on my front tooth, I noticed that there is a dark halo (line) around it on my gum. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?
A: Generally speaking, it is caused by absorption of metal particles of the crown/cap by gum tissue. It could also be due to a pigment causing discoloration, or in worst case scenario it could even be a gum disease. If the cause is the crown, it needs to be replaced, and then we could treat the discolored gums, we could add a new porcelain crown without any metal, rather using a material such as a zirconium crown that would create no adverse reaction. Read more at thetotalsmile.com.
Q: When I smile I feel that my teeth are too short as compared to my gums. Is there anything I could do about it? I wonder if I could make my teeth longer somehow.
A: Short answer is YES! Depending on the case, there are a number of surgical and non-surgical methods to make your teeth longer. Read more on thetotalsmile.com.
Q: All my life I’ve notice that there was something funny with my smile, my gum line seems uneven… is there such thing? Is there a way I can I make it even?
A: Yes, your uneven gum line is not uncommon, and it can be corrected to create perfect harmony with the rest of dentition. Read more at thetotalsmile.com.
Q: A few of my teeth are longer than the rest. Can I make them look more symmetric?
A: Yes, it can be done by surgical or non-surgical methods.
Q: I have receding gums, what are my treatment options?
A: There are a wide range of surgical treatments which can be utilized to treat receding gums, depending on the cause. You can read more at thetotalsmile.com.
Q: My teeth have always been very sensitive to hot and cold. Is there anything I can do to alleviate or reduce that?
A: Yes, the cause of sensitivity is mostly gum disease, which needs treatment. However, a simple relief is the use of ACT mouth rinse and Sensodyne toothpaste. This alone will help to reduce it.
Q: I was in an accident and lost two of my front teeth. They were replaced by a bridge, but now, the artificial teeth are too long. What can I do?
A: There are surgical and non-surgical treatments available which can be done to make them the same length and more harmonious with adjacent teeth. Read more at thetotalsmile.com.
Q: I have bad breath; it really bothers me and my self-esteem. I have tried many toothpastes, mouthwashes, and breath mints, is there an effective way to get rid of it?
A: Yes! Bad breath can be caused by a wide range of factors such as GI (gastrointestinal) problems, infection of tonsils, sinuses, and other factors. However, the most common cause is in your mouth, and it is usually caused by periodontal diseases (gum diseases). You need to have your teeth and gums examined by a periodontist and follow his recommendation.